The penultimate week of the Adult Photography01 evening class produced some stunning images last night.
Concentrating on the creative rather than technical aspects of photography for the past 5 weeks, the team has covered:
- Framing and rule of thirds
- Isolation and dynamic angles
- Creative use of white balance
- Selective focus
- Light and color in composition
- Effect of lens choice and zoom on composition
- Storytelling thru composition and image sequences
Last night we put all these together – the challenge being to create images with texture and color and isolated details.
Learning to ‘see’ is a key part of growing as a photographer and this kind of exercise is not only a useful measure of that skill but one that ignites it further.
“The more I see, the more I realise there is to see…” was my favorite comment of the evening!
The slideshow above has a few examples of the more than 200 images created last night – more to come.
And some examples from previous weeks – including storytelling through composition, framing for portraits and framing for architecture…